Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Twentieth Day: Monsters

So first off I wanted to say I'm sorry for not updating the blog for the past two days. I think I am going to start updating every other day so I have more time for drawings plus I am back in school and I won't have as much time as I did on break.

But I did get some drawings done of the bad guys in my new story about Van. I drew three creatures, Wailers, a Mermaid, and Vampires.

Now the Wailers are basically like henchmen. They do the dirty work for other demons and such, kinda like the putty men in power rangers. They are called Wailers because they emit this shrieking cry, kinda like a woman crying or something. They have no legs and use their hands to pull themselves along the ground. They can stand up though on their tail like appendages, but not for extended period of time. Normally they act as watch dogs. alerting other demons to their locations.

The next creature is a Mermaid, I wanted to include some sort of sea monster because the town of Darkrock is a coastal town. Now mermaids generally leave people alone, but every now and then you get a bad batch or if someone steals a mermaids treasure they are forced to do that persons bidding. They can go on land to attack their prey but not for really long extended amounts of time. They emit loud shrieks, and use their spiked tails, and claws to attack enemies. They also can hypnotize people, making them drown themselves or end their lives in other ways.

The last creature I drew so far are the vampires. Now to normal people a vampire may appear as a normal person. But to Van and other people with second sight they appear as decayed forms. They have extreme mental powers allowing them to glamor themselves and enthrall humans.  They appear natually as the corpse they are, so if a vampire was only dead for a couple days, it wouldn't appear that decayed, but if it is a century old vampire, they will look like a horribly decayed falling apart corpse. This vampire I drew is just an example, the left side is how we see them, the right side is how they appear to Van and The Guild.

I am going to upload more pictures of potential monsters, plus the main demon that is taking over the town in this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment