Friday, April 2, 2010

The Eighteenth Day: Home from the Cabin

So on Wednesday, me and my beloved friend Mindy, creator of the blog "Adventures of a Red-Headed Step Child", went on a trip up to my family cabin. Me, being the positive thinker was convinced we would make it there safely without getting lost or anything. Mindy however was convinced that we would get lost, and of course we did. My cabin is located in the Slippery Rock area of PA, and we ended up passing it immensly. However we used her gps and located slippery rock and proceeded to stop at the grocery store for food. We then called my father who directed us to the cabin. However once we got to the street it was located on, I thought I would be able to see it. Now my cabin is completely hidden from the road, if you don't look carefully you will pass up the barely visible tiny driveway. We ended up passing it three times. Finally we made it to the cabin and got set up. I immediatly started making beef stew while Mindy made amazing nachos. After watching a movie we then had dinner and went on another adventure to the store, after coming back me and Mindy were chilling on the couch when we heard a shuffling noise upstairs. We both thought the place had been broken into, but there was nothing there just our over active imaginations. We then proceeded to make a fire, which was interesting, and then make smores.



The rest of the day went well. When it came time to turn in for the night, Mindy fell asleep easily, but I however stayed up till till four in the morning reading my book, for some reason I got really scared and couldn't sleep so I distracted myself reading. Eventually I did fall asleep however.

The next day, Mindy made haluski and after that we went home. Mindy's gps took us home through these country back roads. Finally we made it home after a really fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment