Monday, March 15, 2010

Alice in Wonderland story

So Alice in Wonderland is my most favorite story, anything even related to it I love, and with the release of Tim Burton's new movie I felt compelled to create a story of my own. However I had a hard time thinking of a story idea, what did I want Alice to do, save Wonderland, or perhaps just visit it again, or would it be a retelling of the original tale. Then it hit me, why even include Alice at all, I could do a whole new story without even involving her. So I did, in my story the queens of Wonderland would be in war against each other, the Queen of Hearts, the Red Queen, and the White Queen would be struggling to gain control of Wonderland. Unfortunetly the White Queen is on her last legs, her face horribly disfigured (hence the helmet) and her left arm dead, she must seek out a succesor on earth, introducing our character Rebecca. Rebecca enters Wonderland and after some shock and awe agrees to aid the White Queen. She is given her weapon, a whip, and her battle steed, a customized motorcycle meant to be rode upon side sattle like a horse. Beyond this I haven't thought out the story but ideas and suggestions are always welcome.



This is the Red Queen, eventually all of my drawings will be colored but most likely not until the quarter is over and I have time.



This is the Queen of Hearts



This is the White Queen, I absolutely adore how she turned out, I love it. I amazed myself.


And this is Rebecca, her dress turned out amazing, I always surprise myself when I draw these big dresses because I never know how they are going to turn out, I just draw what come outta my head.


This is Rebecca's battle steed, I originally wanted her to have a large monster to ride, but when I saw that Alice did that in Tim Burton's film, I felt I couldn't so I created the bike idea. For one who doesn't draw mechanical things much I believe this turned out awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment