Friday, March 19, 2010

The Sixth Day: Amulet Review

Well I thought I would start a new thing, I'm thinking every week I'll either review a comic/graphic novel I've read, or a video game I've played. I thought it would be cool to try plus it'll encourage readers to do new things, plus there are just some days I don't feel like drawing.


Today's review is on the graphic novel series The Amulet, by Kazu Kibuishi. I first discovered this series when I went to the Carnegie libary of the Oakland area here in Pittsburgh. Now I did as I always did and zoomed straight to the back of the library where they house the graphic novels. I walked the shelves for what felt like hours, grabbing every book that struck my fancy until I had a pile about 2 feet high. As I carried the books to my dad's car and started reading them on the ride home, one particular book captured my attention more than the others. It was The Amulet, a stunning graphic novel filled with adventure and mayhem, and everything else to keep you glued to it.

The story is about a young girl who's father is killed in a tragic car accident, after picking up the pieces of their lives, the girl's mother moves the family to an old run down mansion in the country. As our main character and her brother investigate the mysterious library belonging to their long missing great grandfather, she discovers a mysterious amulet. Later that night, her mother is stolen away to another world where she and her brother must venture to save her. There is also a sequel out to this series and a third one hopefully will be out soon. The Amulet is one of the best series I've read and the art is amazing also.







These images are all from Kazu Kibuishi's site, I do not own them nor own the rights to them, they are mearly here for informational purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment