Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Color Theory Class

LAST DAY OF COLOR THEORY CLASS!!!!! Today was the last day of my color theory class, and might I just say thank god. I absolutly hate that class. I don't even feel I learned about colors at all. Besides I don't believe there has to be this huge thought process behind coloring things. If I want to make something red I'll make it red, if it looks good I'm gonna do it, I don't care if red means anger and passion. But enough ranting, I thought I would post some of my more recent projects from that class.


I love how this turned out. Of all my projects turned in, this one is my favorite. If this could have been my final I totally would have turned it in for that. However my teacher didn't like how I left certain parts of those two circles white. I did that to provide a contrast from the background and other dark colors, plus it looks awesome.


This was my final for the class, for the assigment we had to create a poster, or book cover, cd cover, dvd cover etc. and then recreate it on the computer (which is bogus because not everyone knows how to draw on the computer). So I picked a travel poster and I picked Egypt because pyramids wouldn't be that hard to draw. I both like and hate this project, I like it's simplicity but also think it's too simple. My teacher loved it though and the class actually applauded it. Well at least class ended on a good note.

No comments:

Post a Comment